Dang. Relient K for 15 years.
My roommate Logan #3
- Logan: ::Watching a video called "Vietnam: The endless war"::
My roommate Logan #2
- Logan: I'm lookin' good and thick! (echoes from desk area to bedroom)
Mysticism keeps men sane. As long as you have mystery you have health; when you destroy mystery you create morbidity.
—Chesterton, G. K. Orthodoxy (p. 20).
My roommate Logan #1
- In reference to his "whiteness"
- Me: You wish you had some Puritan blood in you huh, that colonial stuff.
- Logan: We all bleed red ~
- Me: I bleed red too.
- Logan: ...
- Logan: .....
- Logan: ........
- Logan: It's about the color of your skin.
Christopher Hitchens vs. Douglas Wilson Debate at Westminster
If it be true (as it certainly is) that a man can feel exquisite happiness in skinning a cat, then the religious philosopher can only draw one of two deductions. He must either deny the existence of God, as all atheists do; or he must deny the present union between God and man, as all Christians do.
—Chesterton, G. K., Orthodoxy 7
[Communion between God and man] is the end to which both creation and redemption are the means; it is the goal to which both theology and preaching must ever point; it is the essence of true religion; it is, indeed, the definition of Christianity.
—JI Packer, Puritan idea of communion with God